TAMPA, Fla. — The Labor Day weekend is upon us, and Gov. Ron DeSantis wants to remind Floridians that Saturday, September 5 is a license-free saltwater fishing day.
“I encourage Floridians and visitors to get out there and enjoy the day!,” DeSantis said on Friday.
Saturday is the second to last license-free fishing day of 2020. The last day, also for saltwater fishing, is November 28.
According to FWC, there are eight total license-free days each year.
- First Saturday and Sunday in June
- First Saturday in September
- Saturday following Thanksgiving
- First Saturday and Sunday in April
- Second Saturday and Sunday in June
Though the days are license-free, FWC says all other rules like seasons, bag and size limits still apply.