FLORIDA – ABC Action News is committed to providing Tampa Bay area residents all of the updates on the coronavirus, COVID-19, and the impact it’s having on our way of life. To help you stay on top of it all, we’ll be updating this daily blog as we continue to get through this together.
- Seoul has shut down more than 2,100 nightclubs, hostess bars, and discos after dozens of infections were linked to clubgoers who went out last weekend as the country relaxed social distancing guidelines.
- The Vatican Museums are gearing up to resume visits to the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Gardens and papal estate outside Rome after a two-month coronavirus lockdown.
- Spain’s Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez says loosening the nearly two-month lockdown will be for naught if people don’t obey social distancing rules.
Important updates from Friday, May 8
Important updates from Thursday, May 7
Important updates from Wednesday, May 6
Important updates from Tuesday, May 5
- Florida Aquarium will re-open on Friday, May 15 with strict limits on attendance and programming and is implementing new standard operating procedures and enhanced health and safety measures to safeguard guests, staff, and animals. Tickets must be reserved in advance starting on May 7 here.
- Three more Hillsborough County residents who tested positive for COVID-19 have died. This brings the number of deaths to 32.
- WestShore Plaza reopening on Friday with limited hours.
- To view more updates, click here.
Important updates from Monday, May 4
This blog is being updated frequently. Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.