SEBRING, Fla. — They were once part of America’s geography, even inside the corner drug store. Soda fountains have shut down over the years, but not all of them.
In Sebring, in Highlands County, a soda fountain and ice cream shop is still going strong, with dozens of vintage sodas that will invoke childhood memories.
1. Sebring Soda and Ice Cream Works is a mom-and-pop soda shop that serves up food, ice cream and ice cream floats, and of course soda! What makes this spot unique is the sheer number of unique sodas from around the country and even the world.
2. They currently carry over 200+ craft and vintage sodas from all over the world. At the shop you can mix and match all the unique flavors to make your own crazy combinations.
3. They even have sodas that were created by some pretty famous individuals, like the lead singer from the band Kiss.
4. Sebring Soda and Ice Cream Works is open seven days a week, Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
5. The shop is located in Downtown Sebring in the historic Brown Building. For more information about the shop, including how to get to it, check out the Sebring Soda website.