As the bands, cheerleaders and football players get ready for Friday Night Football under strange circumstances, some teams are having to sit this week out.
Across Tampa Bay, COVID-19 is forcing districts to cancel this week and some of next week’s games.
- Lakeland High School canceled its games for the next two weeks. At least 14 cases have been linked to the Lakeland High School campus.
- The Tenoroc vs. Discovery football game was canceled tonight.
- Jefferson High and Hillsborough High School will not play during the first week.
- Zephyrhills High School had to cancel its football games.
- Land O’ Lakes High School cancels its football games due to COVID-19 exposures.
Gator Football Fans – we regret to inform you that we have been forced to cancel the football games scheduled this week and next – both JV and varsity. Several players have been required to quarantine.@LOLHSathletics @LOLHSTDClub @jwmhs_schultz
— Land O’ Lakes High School (@LOLHSPrincipal) September 10, 2020
- The district is currently only competing in golf, cross county and swimming. Volleyball games will be played on Monday and football will play its first game on Thursday, Sept. 17.
- One of three Boca Ciega vs. Tarpon Springs High School football games were canceled Thursday night.